It’s strawberry season! Celebrate with strawberry cocktails! Let’s start with a Strawberry Fields fizz made with Grey Goose Essences Strawberry and Lemongrass:
Strawberry Fields Cocktail
- 1 wine glass
- 1 1/2 ounce Grey Goose Essences Strawberry and Lemongrass
- 4 1/2 ounces soda water
- Martini and Rossi Sweet Vermouth
- lemon wheel
- Rinse wine glass with Martini and Rossi sweet vermouth.
- Pour Grey Goose Essences Strawberry and Lemongrass into prepared wine glass with cubed ice. Top with soda water. Stir.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
- 1 muddler
- 3 large strawberries, hulled, cut into fourths
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 8 – 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces white rum
- 4 ounces chilled club soda
- fresh mint sprig for garnish
- Add strawberries and lime wedges cut-side on top in a highball glass. Muddle until strawberries and lime wedges break down.
- Place the mint leaves on top. Lightly muddle mint leaves. Just a few twists will do to prevent overbruising.
- Pour in white rum and add a handful of ice. Stir.
- Top with chilled club soda. Gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprig.
Strawberry Blackberry Sangria
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, capped and cut into fourths
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries
- 10 ounce (can) Bacardi frozen strawberry daiquiri mix
- 5 ounces blackberry brandy (fill frozen daiquiri mix can half full of brandy which will equal 5 ounces)
- 1 bottle Rosé Vinho Verde wine
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons simple syrup
- 1 33.8 ounce bottle Lime Perrier sparkling water
- Garnish: fresh strawberries and blackberries
- Make a day ahead to allow the sangria to chill and fruit flavors to meld.
- Place the strawberries, blackberries, strawberry daiquiri mix, blackberry brandy, Rosé Vinho Verde and simple syrup together in a large pitcher. Mix lightly to combine ingredients.
- Cover pitcher and place in refrigerator for 24 hours. When ready to serve, stir lightly before pouring into chilled glasses.
- Pour lime Perrier sparkling water into chilled glass over ice until 1/3 full and then fill the rest of glass with strawberry blackberry sangria. (More or less sparkling water can be used to taste.) Stir very lightly. Dip a few of the berries out of pitcher and into each glass of sangria. Garnish with fresh strawberries and blackberries.
Sparkling Strawberry Shrub
- 1 cup strawberries, capped and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups extra fine sugar available at Fresh Market
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- rosé sparkling wine
- 2 large ice cubes
- Rosemary sprig or fresh mint sprig and strawberry for garnish
- Muddle the strawberries with a muddler or wooden spoon in a mason jar. Add water and sugar and stir to combine. After the sugar has begun to dissolve, add the rice wine vinegar and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate. The shrub can be stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- To make the cocktail: Place one ounce strawberry shrub in a cocktail glass. Add ice cubes. Stir and top with rosé sparkiling wine and give it another little stir. Garnish with rosemary or mint sprig and fresh strawberry.