As soon as the tomatoes turn ripe on the vine, it’s time to make gazpacho! Refreshing and so very flavorful. Toss all of the fresh summer ingredients in a blender and that’s all it takes to make this delightful soup. It will keep in the refrigerator overnight, so you can make it a day ahead. Enjoy my favorite summer gazpacho recipe:
- 1 Blender
- 1 red bell pepper, charred, peeled and seeds removed, cut into quarters
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, cored and cut into quarters
- 2 1/2 inch thick slices crusty white bread, toasted and torn into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Clark and Hopkins Chesapeake Bay Artisan Pepper Sauce available on-line
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- garnish: chopped fresh basil, crumbled baked proscuitto chopped cherry tomatoes (assorted colors)
- Place red bell pepper, tomatoes, bread, garlic, pepper sauce, sugar, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper and smoked paprika in a blender container. Blend on medium-high speed until ingredients are smooth and well blended.
- With the motor running, gradually stream in oil and blend until emulsified.
- Add cream and blend.
- Transfer soup into a container and cover tightly. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve: garnish with chopped fresh basil, baked proscuitto and chopped cherry tomatoes.