This lovely salad is full of fresh berries and is perfect to serve in the summer months when berries abound at the farmers market or in the chilly winter season when delicious berries are available at the grocery.
Bacon and Blue Spinach Salad
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese or goat's milk cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- Trim stems off spinach leaves. Divide spinach leaves between four chilled salad plates (place salad plates in freezer for 30 minutes to chill while preparing salad.
- Top spinach with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, crumbled blue or goat's milk cheese, crumbled bacon and sprinkle with toasted pecans.
- Serve salads with blueberry balsamic vinaigrette.
Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 Blender
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place blueberries, white balsamic vinegar, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a blender container.
- Cover blender container. Blend until all ingredients are combined.
- With the blender running on low speed, slowly pour in oil in a continuous small stream until completely emulsified and creamy.
- Place vinaigrette in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to serve.