The perfect recipe to use your fresh tomatoes out of your summer garden. Use only fresh garden tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes to allow the tomato flavor to shine in this recipe. This tomato salad can be made a day ahead of time. Fresh flavors of herbs and lemon too.
- 3 fresh summer tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Kosher salt I like Peg's salt for this recipe. Made in Staunton, Virginia
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon julienned fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon olive oil
- Place tomato slices on a large serving plate.
- Sprinkle tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Spread ranch dressing evenly over tomato slices.
- Sprinkle tomato slices with basil, oregano and parsley.
- Drizzle lemon olive oil over tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate until very well chilled (1 hour or overnight). Serve very well chilled.