I do love an Appletini – the ones made with Calvados and sparkling apple juice, NOT made out of bottled cocktail mix. Here’s my favorite Appletini cocktail recipe:
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 1 1/4 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce Calvados
- 1 1/4 ounce sparkling apple juice I like Martinelli's sparkling apple juice for this cocktail.
- 1/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- Garnish: Amarena cherry and Granny Smith apple slices
- Place a martini glass in the freezer to chill while you are making your cocktail.
- Place the vodka, Calvados, sparkling apple juice, lemon juice and simple syrup into a shaker with ice. Cover shaker and shake vigorously until cocktail is well chilled.
- Strain cocktail into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with Amarena cherry and apple slices on a cocktail pick.