I love Cosmopolitan cocktails! My Watermelon Cosmo is especially tasty with my secret ingredient: fresh watermelon juice! I spritz my cosmo with fresh blackberry juice which adds a alluring sparkle of color to the top of my drink.
Watermelon Cosmopolitan with Blackberry Spritz
- 1 Blender
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 6 fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces chilled watermelon juice see note below
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 lime wedge for garnish
- Blackberry juice for spritzing see note below
- Place martini glass in freezer to chill while making cocktail.
- Place torn mint leaves in cocktail shaker. Muddle.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add vodka, triple sec, lime juice, watermelon juice, simple syrup to shaker.
- Cover shaker, shake vigorously.
- Strain into the chilled martini glass.
- Place blackberry juice into a small spritzer bottle. Spritz top of cosmopolitan liberally with blackberry juice.
- Garnish with lime slice.
- Note: To make watermelon juice, slice watermelon in half, remove seeds and scoop chunks of flesh into blender. Discard the rind. Blend the watermelon until it is totally pulverized, about 1 minute. Add the juice of 1 lime and blend for a few seconds. Strain the juice through a fine mesh sieve. Transfer juice into a pitcher and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Note: To make blackberry spritz: Place 1 pint fresh blackberries, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan. Heat over medium low heat, stirring and mashing berries with a fork until berries are completely mashed. Cook an additional 2 minutes over low heat. Strain through a small mesh sieve into a small bowl.