Summertime is the BEST time to enjoy fruity fun cocktails! One of my favorites is “Not Your Grandma’s Lemonade”. My friend John shared the recipe with me when we sat on his big wraparound porch enjoying a summer breeze, sipping on his fabulous lemonade cocktails. I can’t wait to share the recipe with you and here it is:
Not Your Grandma’s Lemonade
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 or 3 ounces citron vodka
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 cup sweet and sour mix
- 7 UP
- lemon slices and sprigs of mint for garnish
- Place slice of lemon in a tall cocktail glass. Mash the pulp of the lemon slice with the back of a spoon.
- Place all ingredients except 7 UP in the glass. Stir to mix.
- Fill glass with cubed ice and top off with 7 UP. Stir.
- Garnish with lemon slice and sprig of mint.
Fresh peach season has arrived so let’s make Frozen Peach Margaritas!
Frozen Peach Margarita
- 1 cup ice Place margarita glass in freezer to chill for service.
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice Reserve rest of lime to make lime sugar for margarita glass rim.
- 1/4 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 ounce peach schnapps
- 1 fresh peach, peeled, pitted and chopped slice one slice of peach with peel for garnish before peeling and chopping
- Place tequila, lime juice, triple sec and peach schnapps in blender with ice. Blend until smooth.
- Add chopped peaches to tequila mixture in blender and blend until smooth.
- Rim margarita glass with lime sugar. To make lime sugar combine 1 tablespoon lime zest and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small plate. Using the lime that you just used for the margarita, rub it around the outside edge of the glass to moisten the rim. Rotate the glass rim through the lime sugar. Pour margarita into chilled margarita glass and garnish with a peach slice.