This is a blue ribbon recipe for coleslaw. Creamy and crunchy with a couple of unexpected twists: sweet with just a touch of vinegar from the bread and butter pickles and a bit of zing from the addition of creamy horseradish. When was the last time you asked for a second helping of coleslaw? This slaw will have you going back for more! Serve it with pork barbecue sandwiches, fried chicken, hot dogs and grilled bratwurst.
Creamy Horseradish Coleslaw
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped fine
- 24 bread and butter pickles, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon creamy horseradish
- 1/4 cup coleslaw dressing I like Duke's coleslaw dressing for this recipe.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Place coleslaw mix and purple cabbage in a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped bread and butter pickles.
- Mix in creamy horseradish, coleslaw dressing, salt and mayonnaise.
- Transfer to a salad bowl. Clover and refrigerate until ready to serve.