I am so excited to introduce you to AR’s Hot Southern Honey. It’s made locally in Richmond, Virginia. This lovely honey is the perfect combination of sweet and hot. If you like a little heat, there is the mild hot honey and if you like a bit of burn then you’ll enjoy the hot version.
What would you like to drizzle with hot honey? Ames Russell, founder of AR’s Hot Southern Honey and Sara Quessenberry just published a cookbook with 60 recipes to infuse sweet heat into your favorite foods: “The Hot Honey Cookbook”.
Honey honey is delicious drizzled on pizza, fried chicken, hot biscuits, pork chops and grilled pineapple and so much more! You can even drizzle it in cocktails! The Honey Deuce Cocktail is the official cocktail of the US Open. It’s a boozy version of raspberry lemonade – so refreshing! Traditionally it is garnished with frozen honeydew balls (to resemble mini tennis balls), but I was fresh out of honeydew, so I garnished mine with fresh raspberries. I added the hot honey drizzle to make my cocktail POP!
- 1 1/4 ounce vodka
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed lemonade
- 1/2 ounce Chambord
- Drizzle hot honey
- crushed ice
- frozen honeydew balls or fresh raspberries and a sprig of fresh mint for garnish
- Fill a chilled highball glass with crushed ice and add vodka.
- Top with lemonade and then add Chambord.
- Drizzle cocktail with hot honey. Garnish with a cocktail pick of frozen honeydew balls or fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint.