Tequila is the secret ingredient that can make almost any fresh fruit taste like a margarita. I love to keep my Frozen Pineapple Margarita Poppers in my freezer to serve as a palate pleaser to my guests on warm summer evenings.
Frozen Pineapple Margarita Poppers
- 16 fresh pineapple chunks (1/2 inch chunks)
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- Place pineapple chunks in a single layer in a flat Tupperware container.
- In a small bowl, combine tequila, pomegranate juice and triple sec. Stir to combine.
- Pour tequila mixture over the pineapple chunks.
- Cover Tupperware container and place in freezer for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove pineapple chunks from freezer and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve immediately.
Another summer favorite is my Margarita Watermelon Wedges that can be served as a starter to a summer meal or as a refreshing dessert.
Margarita Watermelon Wedges
- 2 1 inch slices watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila blanco
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut each watermelon slice into 6 wedges.
- Place wedges in a flat food storage container.
- Combine lime juice, tequila, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Pour lime juice mixture over the watermelon slices.
- Cover container tightly and refrigerate for one hour. Turn container over and shake container lightly to cover the watermelon with lime mixture. Continue to refrigerate for one more hour. Place 3 watermelon wedges on each chilled plate. Serve very cold.