Note: if you cannot fine Orangina, substitute Aranciata Italian Sparkling Orange Beverage. Aranciata is equally as delightful!
If you love mimosas but don’t always have fresh orange juice on hand, try Orangina (one of my favorite secret ingredients for cocktails). This lovely effervescent juice is the original sparkling citrus juice from France. A combination of concentrated lemon, mandarin and grapefruit juices with a bit of orange pulp. I always have several cans (purchased by the case from Amazon) in my refrigerator. It is my secret ingredient for fabulous mimosas.
And here’s a fun way to make mimosas that will stay chilly cold as you sip them. Freeze Orangina in ice cube trays. Then pop a few Orangina ice cubes into a champagne flute, then fill the flute with your favorite sparkling wine.
Here’s one of my favorite Orangina cocktails. With just 3 ingredients it is so easy to make and so bubbly and refreshing on a hot summer day!
Elderflower Orange Spritzer
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 3 ounces Orangina, chilled
- 1 1/2 ounces St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 3 ounces rosé sparkling wine
- ice cubes
- orange and lime slices for garnish
- Place orangina and St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur in a cocktail shaker. Add ice cubes and shake vigorously.
- Strain into cocktail glass filled with small ice cubes. Top with rosé sparkling wine.
- Garnish with orange and lime slices.