If you love chicken salad you simply must try my Spring Tarragon Chicken Salad. The secret ingredient is whipped cream that makes it so rich and creamy.
Spring Tarragon Chicken Salad
- 1.40 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1/3 cup sweet salad cubes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup Duke's mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place olive oil in baking pan .
- Place chicken breasts in baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake chicken for 1 hour or until chicken is thoroughly baked. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Chop chicken and place in mixing bowl. Add celery, whipping cream, sweet salad cubes, tarragon, mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon salt,1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, lemon juice and almonds.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator.