Looking forward to sunny skies on Memorial Day! Enjoy these refreshing cocktails over this holiday weekend. Wishing you a happy and healthy Memorial Day!
D’USSÉ & Raspberry Lemonade
- 1 1/2 parts D’USSÉ VSOP Cognac
- 1 part raspberry liqueur
- 4 fresh raspberries
- 4 parts Lemonade
- watermelon star and fresh raspberries and blueberries for garnish use star cookie cutter to cut out watermelon star
- Add all ingredients (except garnishes) into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into an ice filled highball glass. Garnish with raspberries, blueberries and watermelon star.
The Bee’s Freeze
- 1 Blender
- 2 ounces Barr Hill Gin
- 1.5 ounces Raw honey syrup (2 parts raw honey : 1 part hot water)
- 1.5 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve in a chilled martini glass (or a honey bear glass if available).
- 1 ounce Zacapa rum
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce blackberry/lavender honey syrup directions to make syrup below
- Champagne or dry sparkling wine
- blackberries and lemon twist for garnish
- 10 blackberries for syrup
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 6 teaspoons culinary (edible) lavender available at natural foods store
- Add Zacapa rum, lemon juice, and blackberry/lavender honey syrup to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to shaker and shake until chilled.
- Strain over ice into a rocks glass.
- Top with Champagne and garnish with a lemon twist and blackberries.
- To make lavender/blackberry honey syrup: Place 10 blackberries in a pot and muddle. To the pot add 1 cup of honey and 1 cup of water and 6 teaspoons of culinary lavender. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium, then simmer, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar and until you smell the lavender. Strain into a container (I use a mason jar), cover. Store in the refrigerator. It will keep for two months.