Flor de Jamaica (Hibiscus) Chili Margarita Mocktail, recipe compliments of Chef Carla Contreras, combines the luscious flavors of hibiscus (tart, floral and fruity flavor similiar to cranberries or pomegranate with ginger root and jalapeno to add heat and spiciness in this on-the-rocks margarita. Find the recipe HERE.
Jalapeno Pepper Poppers are a wonderful appetizer to serve at a cocktail party. They will go fast…so you may want to make a double batch!
Prosciutto Pepper Poppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper grilling rack
- 9 jalapeno peppers
- 9 slices prosciutto
- 9 sticks cut from a block of provolone or mozzarella cheese (approximately 1/4 inch wide and 2 to 4 inches long (depending on size of pepper – cheese sticks should easily fit into the pepper)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut off ends of jalapenos. With a small sharp knife, remove all seeds and pith (ribs) from peppers. Rinse to remove any remaining seeds and pith.
- Cut prosciutto slices in half vertically.
- Roll each stick of provolone or mozzarella cheese in a half slice of prosciutto then roll in the other half of prosciutto. Fold ends of prosciutto around cheese to completely cover cheese.
- Place one stick of prosciutto wrapped cheese in each jalapeno. Press cheese down lightly to make sure it in encased in the pepper. Some of the prosciutto will stick up above the opening of the pepper. Place peppers with open part facing upwards into pepper grilling rack.
- Place peppers in grilling rack on a baking tray. Bake for 1 hour. Serve hot.