It’s important that everyone enjoys your party – even the folks who are on a gluten-free diet. They will love my Gluten-free Caramelized Onion Dip – and you will too!
Gluten-free Carmelized Onion Dip
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce – Lea and Perrins Original
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Duke's mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- thinly chopped green onions for garnish
- Ruffles potato chips, for serving
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Add shallots and onion. Saute over medium heat until shallots and onions are caramelized, about 25 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt and garlic. Stir. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add cream cheese. Break up the cheese with a fork and stir as the cheese melts into the mixture.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream and pepper. Stir to combine all ingredients. Place in a storage bowl. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove dip from refrigerator. Place in a serving bowl. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions. Serve with Ruffles potato chips.