One of my favorite cocktails is a Cosmopolitan. When fresh cherries are in season, I love adding them to my Cosmos.
Adding Storied Goods sugar cubes to my cosmos makes it even easier to make my favorite cocktail. . Sometimes I don’t have simple syrup on hand so these sugar cubes easily take the place of simple syrup in my cocktail recipes. Plus the fun flavors in these sugar cubes add a little extra zing to my cocktails. I add the cherry orange zest sugar cubes to my Cherry Cosmopolitans.
I am happy to add that these lovely sugar cubes are made right here in my hometown, Roanoke, Virginia.
- 1 muddler
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 10 fresh cherries, pitted and stems removed
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 Storied Goods cherry and orange zest sugar cubes .50 ounce simple syrup may be substituted for the sugar cubes
- 2 ounces black cherry juice
- 6 fresh cherries with stems for garnish
- Place 2 martini glasses in freezer to chill while making cocktails.
- Muddle 10 pitted cherries in a cocktail shaker until almost liquefied. Add sugar cube and vodka and muddle until sugar cube is almost dissolved.
- Half fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Place triple sec, lime juice and black cherry juice in cocktail shaker.
- Cover cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain and pour cocktails into chilled martini glasses.
- Garnish cocktails with fresh cherries on a cocktail pick.