Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes with Lemon Dill Tartar Sauce
- 16 ounces jumbo lump crab meat (picked over to remove any pieces of shell)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons Pommery mustard
- 3 teaspoons Clark and Hopkins Chesapeake Bay Pepper Sauce
- 1 zest lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place crab meat in a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and egg to crab meat. Mix gently to combine ingredients, but try not to break up the chunks of crab meat.
- Add mustard, pepper sauce, lemon zest and juice, Old Bay seasoning, celery, panko bread crumbs and salt to crab meat mixture. Stir gently to combine ingredients.
- Shape crab meat into 8 crab cakes.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium low heat. Add vegetable oil. Fry crab cakes on one side until that side is browned and crispy. Turn and fry on the other side.
- Pour some of the melted butter/olive oil that you fried the crab cakes in over the crab cakes when serving. Serve warm with Lemon Dill Tartar Sauce.
Lemon Dill Tartar Sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet salad pickle cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons capers
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until service.